Filing a Property Owner Application for a Civic Address Change
In order to file an application for a Civic Address Change, a property owner may:
- Complete the request for change of address application form
- Email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building Standards will contact you to arrange payment.
Once an application form and payment is received, Building Standards staff will:
- Send letters to all civic departments and utility companies advising them of the change and the effective date;
- In the letter to the owner, advise them of the bylaw requirements for numbering of buildings and note that all correspondence and records must be adjusted.
Request For Change of Address Initiated by the City
In the case of the City initiating a change of address, the following steps will be followed.
- Building Standards would send a registered letter to the owner of the property advising that an address change is necessary and co-ordinate with the owner the details of the change. (i.e., effective date, owners and City's responsibilities, etc.) In this letter, the City would also advise of bylaw requirements and reasons the change is necessary.
- Building Standards would also send letters to all civic departments and utility companies advising them of the change and the effective date.