An individual has the right to appeal to the Development Appeals Board when:
- the issuance of a development permit is refused because it would contravene the Zoning Bylaw 8770
- a Development Officer is alleged to have misapplied the Zoning Bylaw in issuing a development permit
- a minor variance approval is revoked, refused or approved with terms and conditions
- a Development Officer issues an Order to Remedy Contravention
- an application for a subdivision has been denied
- if conditions have been included on a Discretionary Use approval
Filing an Appeal
In order to file an appeal, an applicant may:
- Make an application and pay online or complete the application form, make a written request, or complete the Notice of Appeal provided with the Order to Remedy Contravention, and submit it to the Secretary of the Development Appeals Board, City Clerk's Office within 30 days of the date of the notice of issuance or refusal to issue a development permit, or from the date of issuance of the Order to Remedy Contravention.
- Include a cheque or money order for $50.00 made payable to the City of Saskatoon.
- Submit all maps, plans, drawings, and written material to the Board's Secretary in the City Clerks Office no later than five days prior to the date of the appeal hearing.
A public hearing will be held within 30 days of the receipt of a Development Appeal Application. Notice will be given to the property owner and the assessed owners of neighbouring properties within a radius of 75 metres.
Appeal Process Information:
Contact Secretary of the Development Appeals Board
City Clerk's Office
Decision of the Board
The Board shall issue its decision, in writing within 30 days of the conclusion of the hearing. The Board's decision does not take effect until 30 days from the date of the Record of Decision in order to allow for further appeals to the Saskatchewan Municipal Board.
Appeal of the Board's Decision
The Minister, City Council, the applicant or any other person may appeal to the Saskatchewan Municipal Board within 20 days after the date of notification of the Development Appeals Board's Record of Decision.
Saskatchewan Municipal Board
Planning Appeals Committee
480-2151 Scarth Street
Regina, SK S4P 3V7
Phone: 306-787-2644 or 306-787-6227
In accordance with Section 24 of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the personal information collected on this form will be used for administration by the Appeal Board. If you have any questions relating to the collection and use of this information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 306-975-3240.