Purchase or Renew a Pet License
Pet licenses are valid for one year from the date of purchase and must be renewed annually. There is a base $250 fine for not licensing a dog or cat over 4 months old. Microchips are not licenses, however they can be tied to a valid pet license.
After you have purchased or renewed your pet license, please allow one business day for your valid license to show up in our system.
Citizens are encouraged to connect their pets' microchip information to their pet license through the online pet licensing process or through contacting Customer Service at 306-975-2400.
Reminder letters are sent one month prior to the license expiring. For renewals, you will need the following information provided on your Pet License Renewal notice:
- Person ID Number
- License Tag Number
Pet license purchases and renewals can also be made in person at City Hall, the Saskatoon Animal Control Agency, the Saskatoon SPCA or any participating pet license vendors.
If you do not have your Pet License Renewal notice, or if you have any questions regarding the online payment option, please call Customer Service at 306-975-2400 or 1-800-667-9944, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pet Licensing Fees
|2020 Annual Licensing Fees (Effective January 1, 2020)|
|Not Spayed or Neutered||$60||$40|
Juvenile Cat/Dog (under 1 yr.)
Pet License Benefits
- Pet identification
- Pet at Large (PAL) Perk
- Direct return home
- Safe shelter until owner is able to retrieve
- Dog Park access and support towards programming and development
- City-wide pet events
- Enforcement of Animal Control Bylaw and Dangerous Animal Bylaw
- Supports the Subsidized Spay and Neuter Program (SSNP)
- Dog Park Ambassador Groups to represent you in program development
- Supports the Saskatoon SPCA in providing a safe shelter and happy home for pets
- Supports the Saskatoon SPCA in providing animal protection services