Use of Civic Square
Civic Square may be used for celebrations, ceremonies, displays and passive leisure activities which are of interest and benefit to the public at large.
Use shall be limited to those community activities which are sponsored by civic departments and agencies, non-profit corporations and charitable organizations and are subject to conditions outlined in the Use of City Hall Lobby and Civic Square policy.
- All Civic Square applications are to be submitted at least five (5) days prior to the event taking place, and in advance not to exceed ninety (90) days.
- Requests are reviewed by the Communications and Public Engagement Department for eligibility in accordance with Policy No. A09-026, Use of City Hall Lobby and Civic Square.
- The Communications and Public Engagement Department shall notify applicants within five (5) business days of the City of Saskatoon’s decision regarding any request received.
- The Communications and Public Engagement department will not consider any application forms that are not completely filled out.
- Requests for an accompanying flag raising must be made separately and shall be submitted and approved in accordance with Policy No. 01-028, The Flag and Proclamations Policy