Saskatoon residents can use the City’s three recycling depots for the same materials accepted in the residential recycling programs. Materials from the depots are collected regularly and taken to Cosmopolitan Industries for sorting. The sorted material is then bailed and shipped to local or world markets where it is transformed into a usable product. Additionally, local charities collect gently used clothing in bins at the three depots.
Recycling helps our city to divert unwanted waste from ending up in the landfill, thereby reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Recycling helps to reduce the depletion of our natural resources and prevent environmental degradation.
- Lawson Heights – Primrose Drive by the Lawson Civic Centre
- University Heights – Lowe Road behind Fire Station #9
- Lakewood – McKercher Drive by the Lakewood Civic Centre
Cosmopolitan Industries and Loraas Recycle also accept commercial recycling.
Hours of operation
- 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week (Except for Lakewood Depot - Operating hours 7am-7pm Daily)
- Your clean recyclable material can be tossed loosely into the recycle bin (no bagging except as noted below).
- Place shredded paper in a clear, tied plastic bag.
- Remove caps from milk jugs and beverage containers, give them a quick rinse, flatten them, and they'll be ready to recycle
- Flatten all cardboard boxes.
- Depots are for residential use only (not for Commercial use).
Recycling Guides (Various Languages)
Download or print a recycling quick-reference guide for helpful tips and to find out what is and is not recyclable in Saskatoon.
Arabic Recycling Guide
Chinese Recycling Guide
Cree Recycling Guide
English Recycling Guide
French Recycling Guide
Korean Recycling Guide
Punjabi Indian Recycling Guide
Punjabi Pakistan Recycling Guide
Spanish Recycling Guide
Urdu Recycling Guide
Vietnamese Recycling Guide
Rate and Fees
The City's Recycling Depots are funded through your property taxes.