City to close Meadowgreen Recycling Depot effective immediately
City Council has approved the permanent closure of the Meadowgreen depot following continuous public safety concerns. We encourage you to continue using the additional City and partner depots listed below for your excess and over-sized waste that cannot fit in your residential blue cart or bin.
Saskatoon residents can use the City’s four recycling depots for the same clean, unsorted materials accepted in the blue cart and blue bin residential recycling programs. Materials from the depots are collected regularly and taken to Cosmopolitan Industries for sorting. The sorted material is then bailed and shipped to local or world markets where it is transformed into a usable product. Additionally, local charities collect gently used clothing in bins at the four depots.
Recycling helps our city to divert unwanted waste from ending up in landfill, thereby reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the landfill. Recycling helps to reduce the depletion of our natural resources and prevent environmental degradation.
- Lawson Heights – Primrose Drive by the Lawson Civic Centre
- University Heights – Lowe Road behind Fire Station #9
- Lakewood – McKercher Drive by the Lakewood Civic Centre
Cosmopolitan Industries and Loraas Recycle also accept commercial recycling.
Hours of operation
- 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week
- Your clean recyclable material can be tossed loosely into the recycle bin (no bagging except as noted below).
- Place shredded paper in a clear, tied plastic bag.
- Remove caps from milk jugs and beverage containers, give them a quick rinse, flatten them, and they'll be ready to recycle
- Flatten all cardboard boxes.
- Depots are for residential use only (not for Commercial use).
Rate and Fees
The City's Recycling Depots are funded through your property taxes.