You are here

Right of Way Permit

Coming Soon

Beginning on April 1, 2019, individuals and companies intending to use the public Right of Way (ROW) can apply for a permit by marking the location and describing the project on an interactive, mobile friendly map. A link to the interactive map will replace the form that is currently at the bottom of this page. 

Right of Way Use

Any use of the public ROW requires a permit. Some examples that require a ROW permit are:

  • Replacement or modifications to driveways;
  • Placement of temporary fencing in the right of way;
  • Temporary placement of industrial disposal bins and storage containers;
  • Parking moving vans or other vehicles in restricted parking areas.

If permit requirements are not adhered to, the City can remove anything deemed hazardous from the ROW and  recover the cost from offending parties.   ​Bylaw 7200 enables the enforcement and issuing of fines for non-compliance.

 What you can expect from us

  1. Payments can be made using credit cards.
  2. Permit payments must be made by calling 306-975-2454.
  3. Permits will be emailed to applicants when payments have been processed.

 How you can help us

  1. Have a credit card available when calling for a permit.
  2. Have a working email address available so the permit and receipt can be emailed to you.
  3. Allow for a minimum of two days for your permit to be processed.  

Online Form: Apply for a Right of Way Permit 

1 Start 2 Site Details 3 Work Details 4 Fees 5 Complete

A ROW permit will continue to outline conditions to safely accommodate motorists, pedestrians, and other users.  The permit process will ensure that closures for private purposes are coordinated with other planned work on the transportation network.  

Contact Information
Company Information