Assisted Waste Collections
The Assisted Waste Collections program is for residents who are physically unable to roll out their waste carts on collection days and do not have someone else living in their home who is capable of doing so. The program includes assistance relocating the black (garbage), blue (recycling) and green (organics) carts to and from the collection location from a predetermined location on the residents' property.
This is a free service for residents living in single family homes with curbside waste collection.
Applications are now being accepted and service will be provided to approved applicants in early 2023.
Assisted Waste Collections Program FAQs
1. Who is eligible for the program?
This program is intended for anyone physically unable to move their waste carts to and from their property to the collection location. Residents eligible for this service would not have anyone else living in their home who is capable of doing so.
This service is intended to promote independent living and can reduce the risk of injury. This is a permanent year-round service for all waste carts (garbage, recycling, and organics) at single-family homes.
2. What is the application process?
Applicants can print and fill out an application form. An authorized healthcare provider is required to sign the form to ensure that applicants are eligible to receive this service. Completed application forms can be submitted to email@example.com or mailed to:
City of Saskatoon
Attention: Assisted Waste Collection Program
330 Ontario Avenue
Once your application has been received and reviewed, you will be contacted within 10 working days to confirm that you have been accepted or denied for the program and to gather information on where your waste carts will be stored. Once accepted into the program, this service will be provided to you for your next collection.
3. Is there a fee for this program?
This is a free service that is intended to provide equitable waste collection to residents of Saskatoon.
4. Is there anything I need to do to maintain the service?
Nothing is required to maintain the service. Once accepted into the program, you will continue to receive the service. If you no longer require the service, please contact the City at 306-975-2476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you no longer need the service.
5. Can I sign up temporarily or seasonally for this program?
The Assisted Waste Collections Program is intended to provide residents with permanent year-round service in assisting with their waste collections.
6. What waste will be collected?
- Only City owned carts (black garbage, blue recycling, and green organics) will be moved and collected.
- Make sure your carts are easy to access on your property and put your waste in your carts by 7 am on or before your collection day. This ensures that on your collection day, our collectors will be able to move your cart to the appropriate pick-up location.
- Cart lids must be completely closed and the cart in an upright position.