Injured or Deceased Animals
If you find an injured or deceased animal, please call the appropriate contact below:
For Injured Animals:
- On City Property or on Private Property: Saskatoon Animal Control Agency 306-385-7387
For Deceased Animals:
- On City Property: 24hr Customer Care Centre 306-975-2476
- On Private Property with a pet license: Saskatoon SPCA 306-374-7387
The Saskatoon SPCA will receive a deceased pet with a pet license if the citizen drops it off during business hours.
- On Private Property without a pet license: Saskatoon SPCA 306-374-7387
The Saskatoon SPCA will receive a deceased pet without a pet license if the citizen drops it off during business hours. The SPCA will take care of the pet's body and scan for a microchip in the hopes of identifying the owner.
To inquire about the potential death of a lost pet, contact the 24hr Customer Care Centre at 306-975-2476
If you require assistance locating your lost pet, the SPCA provides citizens with lost and found services.
If you find deceased wildlife, please call the appropriate contact below:
Smaller wildlife: Urban Biological Services 306-975-3300
Emergency after hours: 24hr Customer Service Center: 306-975-2476
Larger animals (moose, deer, bears, etc.), contact Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment: 306-933-6240
How to Keep Your Pet Safe
Even the most caring and diligent pet owners can't always prevent the worst from happening. There are many steps pet owners can take to keep pets from escaping and ensure pets are easily identifiable. Consider the following preventative measures to keep your pet safe:
- Ensure your pet is not permitted to be at large. All pets are required to be on a leash when off of private property.
- Purchase a pet license and have a microchip implanted in your pet so your pet can be easily identified. Ensure the microchip information is paired to the City's pet license.