You are here

Curb, Sidewalk and Ditch Crossing Permits (Driveway Access Permits)

Transportation controls access from public and private properties onto city streets. All property owners who wish to install a new driveway access or modify an existing access to their site must complete a Driveway Crossing Permit Application.

Transportation uses the items outlined on pages 23 to 30 of the Curb, Sidewalk and Ditch Crossing Permit Information Package to review each application. Please carefully review them before you submit your application. The review process may take up to five (5) business days. Please note that submitting an application without including all the required information may result in increased processing time.

Curb, Sidewalk and Ditch Crossing Permit Fee - $375 (only valid in the year in which it is purchased)

  • Fee includes three (3) inspections
  • Fee does not cover costs of any construction (you must hire your own contractor to do the work)

After reviewing the above documents, you can submit your application and detailed site plan to us by emailing

Montgomery Place

For residents in the Montgomery Place neighbourhood, please see the information package attached here. Any questions about the crossings in Montgomery Place can be directed to the Storm Water group at and/or 306-986-0914.

For more information please use the Contact Us section found on this page.