New or Upgraded Electrical Service
Customer Information Guide
The Customer Information Guide provides information for anyone wanting to upgrade an existing or install a new electrical service. The Guide includes service entrance and metering requirements as well as safety information.
Steps for a new electrical service or an upgrade
- Contact SL&P with the initial request.
- The minimum information required is the location of the customer, load information, requested voltage, and the contact information.
- Based on the information provided, SL&P will complete a preliminary design and will work with the customer to establish a final design.
- With the finalized design, SL&P will determine its investment, if any, and convey costs to the customer.
- Written acceptance of the costs is required before a Work Order is initiated.
- Work Order
- With the acceptance of the costs, a Work Order is initiated.
- Job preparations for material and manpower are made and the job is placed into a preliminary schedule.
- When the customer has completed their work and is ready for service, SL&P will commence construction.
- Based on the nature of the job, it may require 4-6 weeks to complete the construction.
- Some work may occur in advance to facilitate construction schedules.
The electrical contractor has to contact SL&P’s Meter Shop at 306-975-2417 and provide the TSASK Electrical Permit number prior to installation of the meter.