Outdoor Special Events & Festivals
2023 Application Webform is now LIVE.
NEW: Outdoor Special Event Web Form can be found below. please see Related Pages for more information.
If you prefer a fillable PDF - form can be found under Related Documents.
Special events add cultural value to the City of Saskatoon and create opportunities where communities and neighbourhoods can come together and celebrate!
A special event is any outdoor event held on City owned land that is open to the public. Whether it is a road race, a community day in the park, or a large festival, special events bring people together in meaningful and memory making ways!
How you can help us
- The first step in hosting a Special Event in a City-owned park space, pathway, or roadway, is to submit an Outdoor Special Event Application Form with all require documents.
- Ensure the Outdoor Special Event Application Form is complete as incomplete application will not be reviewed (applicant will be notified).
- Submit your application on time. Deadline for applications is January 1 of the year of your event.
Applications received after the deadline will be considered in the order they are received pending venue availability, and must be received a minimum of 90 days prior to the event date.
What you can expect from us
- Once your application is received, a response will be sent within 10 business days of the submission date.
- Use the Outdoor Special Event Information Guide to assist with your event planning.
- Applications received less than 90 days in advance of a Special Event may not be approved.
Depending on size, scope and event history, applicants may be contacted to meet with the Special Event Interdepartmental Committee to provide additional information or provide clarification regarding the application.