Garden and Garage Suites
Looking for help with planning, designing and constructing your garden or garage suite? The Regulations and Design Guidelines for Garden & Garage Suites outlines the regulations you must follow to ensure that your project is compatible with Saskatoon’s older residential areas.
Apply for your Permit - saskatoon.ca/ePermitting
Track all permit and inspection activity from initial application to completion, renewal or expiration of your permit. Visit saskatoon.ca/epermitting to register your account or to sign-in to the online portal.
Things to remember:
- For larger projects, consider hiring a designer to draft required construction drawings.
- Call SaskPower at 1-888-757-6937 before you dig to locate utility lines and property easements.
- If your project could impact a city tree, visit saskatoon.ca/treeprotection for more information and requirements on tree protection.
- Installing a new driveway or need a disposal bin for your project? Visit saskatoon.ca/trafficpermits
- A plumbing system cannot be constructed, extended, altered, renewed, or repaired without a plumbing permit. For more information refer to the Plumbing Project Guide.
- It is the responsibility of the owner and contractor to ensure all construction is in accordance with the National Building Code, the Building Bylaw No. 9455, Zoning Bylaw No. 8770 and other regulations.