The Saskatoon Animal Control Agency (SACA) (306-385-7387 - 24 hours) is under contract to the City to provide animal control services.
- Reporting of animals at large;
- Reporting barking and howling;
- Complaints regarding defecation; or
- Reporting of dangerous animals.
The Saskatoon S.P.C.A. (306-374-7387) is under contract to the City to provide lost and found and investigative services. Call their main line should you require any of the following services:
- lost and found;
- Animal abuse or neglect;
- Hoarding; or
- Animal in distress.
Zero Tolerance Enforcement. No warnings are issued!
Pet Owner Minimum Requirements
For complete listing of pet ownership requirements within Saskatoon, please refer to the Animal Control Bylaw No. 7860
Pet At Large Perk (PAL)
Animal Rescue and Protection Agencies of Saskatchewan
Key Characteristics of Reputable and Responsible Rescues and Humane Societies
- Has a board of directors
- Publishes annual audited financial reports
- You can visit their shelter - open to the public and easy to inspect
- Shelter is clean and animals are doing well
- If the rescue is foster based, they limit the number of pets per household to ensure capacity for appropriate care
- If foster based, the pet is in good physical condition and does not smell bad or exhibit signs of disease, stress, hunger
- Organization works well with other reputable organizations
- Animals have up-to-date vaccinations and are spayed or neutered
- Complete health records are available for your adopted pet
- A veterinarian of record is available
- For larger organizations, animal care meets Association of Shelter Veterinarian, Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, or Humane Canada standards
- Organization does not have a history of conviction under the Animal Protection Act of Saskatchewan
- Government of Saskatchewan - Animal Protection Services of Saskatchewan (Downloadable Animal Protection Act, 2000)
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of Saskatchewan (WRSOS)
- Saskatoon SPCA