Bylaw Amendment - Animal Control Bylaw and Dangerous Animals Bylaw - Effective June 29, 2020
- The Animal Control Bylaw and the Dangerous Animals Bylaw are reviewed regularly in an effort to promote public safety, improve upon existing enforcement mechanisms and to clarify and update certain aspects for the general public and the courts in areas where there may be ambiguity. Effective June 29, 2020, a dog found guilty of 3 or more nuisance behavior violations will be prohibited from entering the off-leash areas.
The Saskatoon Animal Control Agency (SACA) (306-385-7387 - 24 hours) is under contract to the City to provide animal control services.
- Reporting of animals at large;
- Reporting barking and howling;
- Complaints regarding defecation; or
- Reporting of dangerous animals.
The Saskatoon S.P.C.A. (306-374-7387) is under contract to the City to provide lost and found and investigative services. Call their main line should you require any of the following services:
- lost and found;
- animal protection or cruelty complaint;
- emergency intake;
- animal in distress.
Zero Tolerance Enforcement. No warnings are issued!
Pet Owner Minimum Requirements
For complete listing of pet ownership requirements within Saskatoon, please refer to the Animal Control Bylaw No. 7860