Randy was first elected to Saskatoon City Council in 2010 and is currently serving his third term. He is a former member of the Saskatoon District Planning Commission and a current member of the Regional Oversight Committee of Planning for Growth. Both of these involve partnering with regional municipalities on behalf of the City.
In 2009, Randy was appointed by the Minister of Health to sit on the Saskatoon Regional Health Authority Board. In 2012, he completed the Professional Director Certification Program (Pro. Dir) with the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy, in conjunction with the University of Regina and the University of Saskatchewan. He was appointed to the SUMA Board in 2016.
Randy and his wife Lauren have lived in Saskatoon since 1989. They have three sons attending the University of Saskatchewan.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Finance
- Standing Policy Committee on Transportation
- Regional Oversight Committee (ROC)
- Municipalities of Saskatchewan Board of Directors
- Municipalities of Saskatchewan Convention Planning Standing Committee
- Municipalities of Saskatchewan Bylaw Review & Governance Standing Committee
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA)