Line Painting - Quick Facts
- Approximately 900-1000 kilometres of lane, centre, and edge lines are painted annually. Higher traffic locations are painted 2 to 3 times a year.
- Approximately 1,000 crosswalks are painted annually. Crosswalks on higher traffic locations are painted 2 to 3 times a year.
- A typical paint season runs from early April (weather permitting) to September/October (also weather permitting). This allows for high traffic locations to be painted more than once a year.
- A significant portion of line painting on priority streets is done at night to limit the impact to motorists. For safety reasons, pilot vehicles with flashing lights always accompany line marking trucks on priority roadways.
- Durable Pavement markings are added to roadways annually. In 2018, an estimated 8000 metres of semi-permanent markings will be placed on roadways around the city, including
- Idylwyld Dr N – 33rd St to 39th St
- Circle Dr S WB – On the new pavement just west of Clarence Ave
- 22nd St – 3rd Ave to 5th Ave
- Confederation Dr SB – Mall Access to 22nd St
- Circle Dr/Taylor St NW Ramp
- Circle Dr/Warman Rd NE Ramp
- Idylwyld Dr N – 20th St to 22nd St