Bi-weekly residential garbage collection resumes Friday, October 1
The City will be switching back to bi-weekly curbside residential garbage (black cart) collection beginning Friday, October 1. Residents will see no change to their collection day but are encouraged to visit saskatoon.ca/collectioncalendar or download the Saskatoon Waste Wizard app to confirm how bi-weekly collection will impact their route and to ensure they don’t miss collection day.
Residents are asked to help protect the health and safety of our staff, recycling partners and the community by:
- Bagging their garbage
- NOT placing loose, used tissues and napkins in their cart as they can become wind-blown when the lid opens during collection.
- NOT discarding used protective gloves or masks on the ground but placing these items in a bag and in their household garbage or black cart.
- NOT overfilling their garbage carts or leaving loose items on the ground.
- IF THEY’RE SICK, placing ANY item that has come into contact with their mouth, nose or eyes into the garbage; even items that normally go in the blue cart (e.g. water/beverage bottles, pop cans, milk/juice cartons, etc.)
- Ensuring accessible cart placement to avoid manual handling by the driver and returning their cart to their property after collection.
Weekly garbage collection will resume in spring 2022.
Information and updates on residential garbage collection can be found at saskatoon.ca/garbage.