Outdoor Special Events & Festivals
2021 Outdoor Special Event Applications Now Available
The 2021 Outdoor Special Event Application is now available and can be found under the Related Documents section on the sidebar.
Outdoor events are subject to the Provincial Government's COVID-19 restrictions. Given the uncertainty due to COVID-19, contracts will not be issued to approved events. Conditional approval will instead be provided to allow event organizers time to assess the restrictions leading up to their event date. Contracts will be sent as per the following timelines:
- Level 1 events: 30 days prior to the event
- Level 2 events: 45 days prior to the event
- Level 3 events: 60 days prior to the event
*Submission of fees and required documents will be required within 10 days of receiving an approved contract.
Please note: The City of Saskatoon may cancel events after a contract has been signed if further restrictions are implemented by the Provincial Government. Application fees are non-refundable once paid.
COVID-19 Response: Outdoor Special Events
Following the Government of Saskatchewan’s regulations and requirements around COVID-19 prevention, under the current Public Health Order all outdoor public gatherings are limited to a maximum of 10 people, while ensuring physical distancing. Special event applications are currently being accepted for use of civic space. All requests for use of civic space, through the special event application form, must adhere to the current Public Health Order and the restrictions within the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan. Only those requests demonstrating the ability to limit numbers and adhere to the restrictions will be considered. Please ensure requests are submitted well in advance of the event date to ensure time for this review.
More information on the current Public Health Order and the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan can be found at: www.saskatchewan.ca/covid-19
Special events add cultural value to the City of Saskatoon and create opportunities where communities and neighbourhoods can come together and celebrate!
A special event is any outdoor event held on City owned land that is open to the public. Whether it is a road race, a community day in the park, or a large festival, special events bring people together in meaningful and memory making ways!
How you can help us
- The first step in hosting a Special Event in a City-owned park space, pathway, or roadway, is to submit an Outdoor Special Event Application Form with all require documents.
- Ensure the Outdoor Special Event Application Form is complete as incomplete application will not be reviewed (applicant will be notified).
- Submit your application on time. Deadline for applications is January 1 of the year of your event.
Applications received after the deadline will be considered in the order they are received pending venue availability, and must be received a minimum of 90 days prior to the event date.
What you can expect from us
- Once your application is received, a response will be sent within 10 business days of the submission date.
- Use the Outdoor Special Event Information Guide to assist with your event planning.
- Applications received less than 90 days in advance of a Special Event may not be approved.
Depending on size, scope and event history, applicants may be contacted to meet with the Special Event Interdepartmental Committee to provide additional information or provide clarification regarding the application.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding events.
Having fireworks or a beer gardens? Make sure to fill out all necessary forms and permits relating to your event.
See what services the City of Saskatoon can offer to assist your event and the fees that are associated with them.
From applications to permits, find out if you are on track with your event requirement submissions.