Fall Program Registration
Proof of Vaccination
Effective October 15, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours along with proof of identification is mandatory for ages 12 and over in order to access City Leisure Centres and indoor rinks.
All children turning 12 after July 15, 2021 will have 3 months from their birth date in order to be fully vaccinated. They will be allowed access to City Leisure Centres and indoor rinks during the 3 month period
In addition to the proof of vaccination, photo ID will be required from anyone 18 and older. Youth aged 12-17 will also need to show ID unless accompanied by an adult with proof of vaccination and ID. Youth aged 12 to 17, visiting a business without an adult, who do not have photo ID will be allowed to present other forms of government issued ID such as birth certificate or health services card.
Red Cross Swim Lessons Update
To protect the health and safety of patrons and employees at the City’s leisure facilities and address the increasing spread of COVID-19 in our community, City Administration determined they must take a more assertive approach to staff safety, which was outlined in a report to City Council on Monday, August 30.
Modifications to Red Cross Swim lessons will be in place for the fall as staff safety continues to be a top priority for the City.
- Water Safety Instructors will deliver swim lessons from the pool deck (except for demonstrations) for all swim levels.
- Red Cross Swim Preschool Programs and Swim Kids 1-4 require a parent/guardian in the water to assist swimmers. A maximum of 2 children can be with one parent/guardian. Deep water activities for these levels will be changed to chest deep water (where applicable) to accommodate parents/guardians who may not have swimming abilities.
- To allow for appropriate space, lesson capacities may need to be reduced for levels requiring a parent or guardian. Recreation and Community Development staff are currently reviewing lesson offerings and capacities and will work with registrants displaced from fall lessons to provide options. Those affected will be contacted directly.
- Lessons scheduled to begin Thursday, September 2 at Shaw Centre are rescheduled to begin on Thursday, September 9, changing the total number of lessons from 10 sessions to 8 sessions. This is being done to allow staff time to review lesson offerings and to work with registrants displaced on options available. Participants will be credited for the reduction in lessons.
The City sincerely apologizes for the sudden changes to Red Cross Swim lessons and understands the modifications are not ideal for all participants registered for fall lessons.
Parents or guardians impacted by the change to Preschool and Swim Kids 1-4 should confirm whether or not they can be in the water with their child by contacting email@example.com or any Leisure Centre during operating hours by Thursday, September 2.
Cosmo Civic Centre: 306-975-3344
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre: 306-975-3321
Lakewood Civic Centre: 306-975-2944
Lawson Civic Centre: 306-975-7873
Saskatoon Field House: 306-975-3354
Shaw Centre: 306-975-7744
The City's leisure facilities offer a wide range of registered programs each season including Red Cross swimming lessons , preschool and youth recreation programs, adult fitness and specialized wellness programs.
Pre-registration and payment of a class fee is required to participate in a registered program. Access is not included with a General Admission, Bulk Ticket or LeisureCard.
How to Register
Seasonal registration opens up three times per year - Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter.
Leisure Online allows you to browse and register for programs at your convenience 24/7.
Call 306-975-2800 during the following dates and times only:
Sunday, August 22 1st night of registration - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Monday, August 23: 2nd day of registration - 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 24: 3rd day of registration - 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
To register after the first three days of registration and throughout the season, contact the Leisure Centres directly during regular hours of operation.
Visit a Leisure Centre
Walk-in registrations for Fall programs begin Monday, August 23 at 6:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted at the following locations:
Cosmo Civic Centre, 3130 Laurier Drive (opens at 10 a.m.)
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre, 1110 Idylwyld Drive
Lakewood Civic Centre, 1635 MCkercher Drive
Lawson Civic Centre, 225 Primrose Drive
Saskatoon Field House, 2020 College Drive
Shaw Centre, 122 Bowlt Crescent
Active Families Benefit
The Active Families Benefit is an annual refundable tax benefit that helps Saskatchewan families with the costs of their children’s participation in cultural, recreational, and sports activities. Eligible families of a child 18 years of age or younger as of the last day of the taxation year are eligible for a fully refundable tax benefit up to $150 per child or $200 per child with a disability. Remember to keep your receipt for income tax purposes.
Click here to learn more about the Active Families Benefit.
The Fine Print
Registration Confirmation - All registrations will receive a confirmation receipt by email after payment is complete. The confirmation will identify dates and times of classes, canceled dates and information on equipment, materials or supplies to bring to your first class. If you do not receive confirmation of your registration within five days, please call the facility where your program is being held.
Refunds - All classes are subject to the minimum and maximum enrollments. If minimum enrollment is not received the class will be cancelled and a full refund issued. Other refund instances include:
- Full refund if cancellation is received seven days prior to course start
- 50% refund if cancellation is received less than seven days prior to course start; full refund if your vacated spot is filled by another registrant before course starts.
- 50% refund if cancellation is received after course has started, but no more than 20% completed.
- Pro-rated refund for cancellations at any time due to medical reasons (certificate required).