Join us for the fall Curbside Swap on Saturday, September 10 from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm!
The spring event was held on June 4, 2022 and featured 350 listings, with residents swapping everything from desks and chairs to teddy bears!
Curbside Swap events are your opportunity to reduce the amount of garbage going to the landfill by giving away your unwanted items or by going on a citywide treasure hunt to find some new-to-you items. Anyone can plan a Curbside Swap just by putting out items at the front of your property with a "free" sign.
Consider coordinating with neighbours or contact your Community Association to plan a swap for your whole neighbourhood.
Use these tools to help promote your event:
Rules & Guidelines
- Mark all your items "free" that you wish to give away.
- Do not block traffic, sidewalks or place items on road.
- Do not trespass on other people’s property, block other people’s driveway or park illegally.
- If you are posting signs, please review the Temporary Sign Bylaw #7491.
- Please continue to follow safe and sanitary practices when participating in a swap:
- Avoid hosting an event if you are feeling sick/unwell.
- Clean and disinfect tables and items prior to the swap.
- Clothing or other fabric items should be laundered prior to the swap. We also recommend laundering any clothing you have acquired through the swap.
Please clean and disinfect all items prior to the swap.
- Kitchen utensils
- Building material
- Computers and electronics
- Yard and garden equipment
- Clothes - Launder clothing prior to and after swapping.
- Usable paint
- Sporting goods
- Musical instruments
- Plants, potted trees, etc.
- Other durable goods
Please do not put out any items with a potential safety risk.
- Opened or used medical PPE (e.g. face masks/shields, gloves, or sanitizing products of any sort)
- Garbage or recyclables
- Chemicals of any kind
- Weapons of any kind
- Food items
- Mattresses (potential for bedbug infestation)
- Broken furniture
- Dangerous/illegal items
- Car/booster seats (may have expired)
- Baby gates and walkers
For more information on unacceptable items, visit the Consumer Products Safety Bureau website.
Please return unclaimed items into your home by 6:00 p.m.