A total of $20,000 is allocated annually to local non-profit organizations implementing initiatives that support the City of Saskatoon’s strategic goal of Environmental Leadership, with $10,000 of this total allocated specifically to projects that relate to protection of our water resources. To be eligible for the grant, activities must relate to one of the following categories:
- protection of the environment;
- conservation of natural resources; and/or
- environmental communications, education and research.
2018 Grant Application
The application deadline for the 2018 Environmental Grant Program is 4:30pm on February 15, 2018. Links to the application form and guidance document are provided below. For more information, please contact Environmental & Corporate Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306)975-2487.
2017 Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the successful applicants of the 2017 Environmental Grant Program:
- Saskatoon Cycles ($7,000): to promote, organize and deliver the Summer Cycling Program, encouraging residents to choose cycling as a safe and sustainable mode of transportation.
- Ducks Unlimited Canada ($6,000): to deliver Project Webfoot, the hands-on youth education program promoting the importance of wetland conservation.
- Saskatchewan Environmental Society ($4,000): to deliver Smarter Science Better Buildings, a Grade 7 Science education program exploring concepts that make our homes more energy efficient.
- Greystone Heights Community Association ($1,250): to replace existing lighting at the outdoor community rink, with energy efficient LED light fixtures.
- Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation ($1,000): to deliver Birds in Real Danger Saskatoon (BIRDS), a pilot project assessing the impact of building design on bird strikes in downtown Saskatoon.
- The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist ($750): to replace existing lighting on the exterior of the cathedral, with energy efficient LED light fixtures.