Request a Tree
Boulevard tree planting requests can be submitted online by filling out the form below.
What you can expect from us
- Inspections are done between May and October in the order in which the requests are received.
- A notice will be left at your residence or business at the time of inspection advising whether or not a suitable planting site has been identified. If there is an appropriate planting site, a green stake will be placed on the boulevard to mark the area where the tree will be planted and the notice will include the species selected. If there are no underground utility conflicts your request will be placed in a planting queue to be completed by the end of October.
- The City is responsible for all pruning maintenance.
How you can help us
- Homeowners are responsible for watering new trees, unless otherwise noted. A new tree needs to be watered with a maximum of 10 litres (2.5 gallons) twice a week (or every 3 to 4 days) for the first month and then once every 7 to 10 days for the next 3 years. Watering frequency should be increased during hot dry weather.
- Avoid herbicide damage when you (or your lawn care company) look after the grass around the tree. Do not apply any herbicide in the area near the root ball, trunk or leaves.
- Keep grass and weeds away from the trunk. Trees can establish more quickly when not competing with other plants for nutrients and water. Avoid damaging the bark with grass trimmers.
- Mulch with wood chips or other organic mulch around the base of the tree to keep soil cool and moisture in. Keep mulch away from the trunk of the tree.
Tree Species Selection
The following documents list the available tree species for the Community Tree Planting Program (new neighbourhoods) and the Urban Reforestation Tree Planting Program (established neighbourhoods). Homeowners may list their top three choices of tree species in order of preference. Requests are filled subject to availability and suitability to the site.
COMMUNITY TREE PLANTING PROGRAM - Tree Species Selection (new neighbourhoods)
URBAN REFORESTATION TREE PLANTING PROGRAM - Tree Species Selection (established neighbourhoods)
Online Form: Request A Tree