Holiday Pay Parking Reminder: National Day for Truth & Reconciliation on Thursday, September 30
Residents are reminded that payment will be required in City-managed pay parking areas on National Day for Truth & Reconciliation, Thursday, September 30, 2021.
Public parking in the Downtown, Broadway, Riversdale, River Landing and Sutherland areas, as well as streets adjacent to St. Paul’s and Saskatoon City Hospitals, are metered from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Saturday. Payment is not required outside these hours, on Sundays or on statutory holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Saskatchewan Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day and Christmas Day). The National Day for Truth & Reconciliation is not a statutory holiday in Saskatchewan.
Public Pay Parking reminders:
- Customers are encouraged to use the WayToPark app as a no-touch way to pay for parking. If you must use a FlexParking station for payment, please ensure you follow public health guidelines when touching shared surfaces in public, such as using alcohol-based hand sanitizer or washing your hands as soon as you are able.
- Customers are responsible for entering the correct licence plate information when paying for parking at a FlexParking station or when using the WayToPark app.
- Parking time limits vary by location. Watch for signs wherever you are parking.
- If you have reached the posted time limit but need more time in the area, move your vehicle around the corner or across the street.
- Balances on a parking purchase can be carried forward to another parking space in a new location.
- Additional parking time can be purchased, but only up to the maximum allowable time posted.
For more information on Public Pay Parking, visit saskatoon.ca/payparking.