REMINDER: RECYCLE YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE BY JANUARY 31
Every year, the City of Saskatoon sets up temporary drop-off sites to collect live trees from December 26 to January 31. Christmas trees should be dropped off unwrapped and unbound at the following locations:
- Primrose Drive Recycling Depot (next to Lawson Civic Centre)
- Edmonton Avenue Recycling Depot (at Edmonton Avenue and Avenue P)
- Meadowgreen Recycling Depot (22nd Street and Witney Avenue)
- Lowe Road Recycling Depot (Attridge Drive and Lowe Road)
- George Ward Pool parking lot (5th Street East and Grosvenor Avenue)
- Wildwood Golf Course parking lot (8th Street East)
- Doukhobor Cultural Society of Saskatchewan parking lot (17th Street West and Avenue I)
Live trees dropped off at these locations are chipped and composted or used as mulch. Artificial trees are not accepted for recycling and should be taken to the Landfill.
Our live tree recycling program is designed to reduce the amount of waste that goes to the Landfill and help grow a greener Saskatoon. For more information about recycling and waste handling, visit SaskatoonRecycles.ca.
For more City of Saskatoon Public Service Announcements, News Releases, Traffic Detours and Service Alerts, visit www.saskatoon.ca or connect with the City of Saskatoon on Twitter and Facebook.