We want to hear from you; how are we doing? Civic Satisfaction & Performance Survey open for public input April 19 - May 23
We all know last – and this – year, has been challenging, ever-changing and unprecedented for everyone as we continue to help each other as one community. Many people have spent many days working and even living apart from family, friends and neighbours to protect each other’s health and safety.
The City of Saskatoon is proud to have kept delivering the civic services, programs and communication that residents rely on every day; we are fortunate to have kept service disruptions to a minimum during the pandemic while following guidelines set by the provincial Public Health Orders.
So now -- more than ever – over the course of two surveys we'd like to hear the thoughts and opinions of Saskatoon residents on a wide variety of topics including how we are delivering services, programs, and communication.
- How satisfied are you living in Saskatoon?
- How satisfied are you with the quality of the services provided by the City?
- What is your perception of quality of life in Saskatoon?
- What do you believe is the most important issue facing the City?
- Your opinions on the City’s performance in various areas such as communications, engagement, online services, community safety, mobility and growth
- Opinions on how the City is doing on delivering 29 different services
- Feedback on civic service priorities
- Preferences on level of service in 12 different areas
The City is conducting two public surveys in the first half of 2021:
- Civic Satisfaction & Performance Survey #1 open April 19- May 23
- Civic Services Survey #2: Performance, Priorities & Preferences
These civic surveys are one way the City can check in with residents to gather input and better understand the needs and perceptions of community members. Your survey responses help us identify priority areas, areas where we can continue to improve, and much more.
Both surveys will be conducted through telephone and a professional online panel to collect survey data that is reliable, valid and representative of our community. In addition, the survey is open for public feedback on saskatoon.ca/engage for all interested residents over the age of 18 to participate. The Civic Satisfaction & Performance survey opens today and the survey takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
Saskatoon residents: if you are 18 years old or more you may be contacted over the telephone by a research firm interviewer asking you to complete the Civic Satisfaction & Performance Survey.
The City’s civic surveys were last conducted in 2018. The surveys were scheduled to be conducted in summer 2020 however due to the City's pause on public engagement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the surveys had to be delayed until 2021.
Results from the 2021 surveys will be compared to past surveys to determine trends. Review the results of the 2018 Civic Surveys.