WintercityYXE Grants Awarded and New WintercityYXE Website
As part of WintercityYXE, $50,000 is allocated to non-profit organizations, ad hoc groups, businesses or for-profit organizations implementing initiatives that support the WintercityYXE goals and objectives. The WintercityYXE grant categories include: winter comfort and access, winter design, and winter activities.
The City is pleased to announce that the following groups have been awarded grants for their WintercityYXE 2018/19 initiatives:
- Broadway Business Improvement District – Little Stone Light Conservatory
- Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan – Honouring the Complexity of Treaty 6 Territory
- Friends of the Broadway Theatre – Winterruption
- Saskatoon Triathlon Club – Winter Family Friendly Triathlon
- Saskatoon Cycles – BicicleFest 2019
- King George Community Association - King George Winter Carnival
- Wanuskewin Heritage Park – Kona Festival
- Greystone Heights Community Association – Winter Fun Fest
- Play Sask – Yukigassen Tournament
- Saskatoon Open Door Society – S is for Snow Series
- Saskatoon Council on Aging – Warm up to Winter
“The WintercityYXE grant program supports community led initiatives that help make winter an enjoyable and vibrant season” said Brenda Wallace, Director of Environmental & Corporate Performance.
Full information on the grant program, can be found on the newly redesigned WintercityYXE Webpage. Along with the grant program, the webpage also includes information on the WinterCityYXE Strategy, winter events, and winter facilities & activities.
The WinterCityYXE Strategy supports the Strategic Goal of Quality of Life, Sustainable Growth, Moving Around and Economic Diversity and Prosperity