Black Cart Garbage
Bi-weekly Garbage Collection begins Thursday, October 1
There will be no change to your collection day but we encourage you to check your Collection Calendar to confirm how bi-weekly collection will impact your route and ensure you don’t miss pick-up day.
Weekly garbage collection will resume in spring 2021.
The Black Cart Garbage service is available to all single-family households.
What you can expect from us
How you can help us
Please remember to check your collection schedule and review the following information to ensure your cart is collected:
- The cart is placed out for collection prior to 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day.
- There is at least 1.2 meters (4 feet) of clearance around all sides of the cart.
- The garbage is bagged and inside the cart, and the lid is closed.
- No prohibited materials, hazardous waste or liquids.
- Review “What goes in your black cart?”
- New cart requests can be submitted once residents are living at their new address so the cart can be stored on the property immediately to avoid theft and bylaw infractions.
What goes in your black cart?
Use your black cart for normal household garbage, non-recyclable waste such as Styrofoam, diapers and wipes. Use the Waste Wizard tool to find out what goes in your black cart.
Rates and Fees
Black cart waste collection is funded through your property taxes.