David was born and raised on Saskatoon’s west side. He has lived all but four years of his life in this great city. For 43 years he was involved in media and communications.
David has served on various boards and committees in Saskatoon, including organizing numerous reconciliation events, through the Saskatoon Native Ministry, as session host at the Wîcihitowin Indigenous Engagement Conference, and as one of the organizers of the Reconciliation and The Media Conference. He is a member of the Remembrance Day Citizens Committee, and a porter and chapel service leader at City Hospital.
David has produced fundraising events to raise awareness for charities such as the Saskatoon United Way. He worked for close to 30 years with the Saskatoon Stock Car Racing Association as a promoter and announcer. David was also on the organizing committee that built the current Wyant Group Raceway just north of Saskatoon.
David’s priorities on council include sustainability, indigenous reconciliation, safety and providing basic services. He aspires to bring people together to create “willing communities” that will see a rebirth of grass-roots ideas such as Neighbourhood Watch.
City of Saskatoon Boards and Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Finance
- Standing Policy Committee on Transportation
- Internal Auditor Hiring Subcommittee
Growth and Infill
External Boards and Committees
- Corman Park Saskatoon District Planning Commission (DPC)
- Marr Residence Management Board
- Remai Modern Art Gallery (effective April 27, 2021)
- TCU Place Board of Directors (effective April 29, 2021)
- Meewasin Valley Authority City Representative
- Riversdale Business Improvement District (RBID) Board of Management
- Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP)