Zoning Bylaw Review
September 2020 Update - Proposed Fee Bylaw Report Going to Municipal Planning Commission September 29
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement and as part of the comprehensive Zoning Bylaw Review, we are proposing to consolidate all fees related to land use and development applications into one document.
The proposed fee bylaw will:
- Consolidate all land use and development application fees into one bylaw.
- To do this we will remove the sections regarding fees from the Zoning Bylaw, Subdivision Bylaw and Condominium Approvals Policy.
- No changes to fees are being recommended as part of this report - it is strictly intended to put all relevant fee information and requirements into a single bylaw.
How will this impact you?
- All fees will now be in one document rather than dispersed in a few different documents, making them easier to find and understand.
- Again, no fee changes are being proposed at this time, meaning there will be no financial impact with this proposed bylaw. Future fee changes will be brought forward at budget time and will be subject to public notice and a Public Hearing.
What are the next steps?
- The new fee bylaw, and related amendments to the other related bylaws, will be prepared by Administration and brought forward to City Council for consideration tentatively scheduled for November. As more information becomes available we will update you.