You are here

Fire in attached Garage in the 700 Block of Sutter Crescent

For immediate release: January 14, 2022 - 11:55am
22-00654

At 1:16 a.m., the Saskatoon Fire Department received a call of a fire in an attached garage at a home in the 700 Block of Sutter Crescent.  Dispatched to the fire were 3 fire engines, 1 ladder truck, 1 rescue unit and the Battalion Chief.  First arriving fire crew reported smoke coming from the garage and occupants waiting outside.  Incoming fire crews were assigned tactical duties.  The fire had broke through a window to the garage, fire crews immediately started applying water on the fire through the broken window.  This fire was brought under control at 1:43 a.m.

The Fire Investigator conducted a scene examination and determined the fire was accidental from a portable heater being too close to combustible material.  The electrical heater had been plugged in and running in the garage since 6 p.m. the previous evening.  Damage is estimated at $50,000.

No injuries to civilians or firefighters occurred as a result of this fire.