You are here

House fire in Silverspring

For immediate release: December 28, 2020 - 7:12am
20-16361

The Saskatoon Fire Department received a 911 call at 2:14 pm on Sunday December 27, 2020, the call reporting fire in a wall.  Dispatched to the scene were three engines, a ladder, rescue, battalion chief and fire investigator.

First arriving firefighters observed smoke coming from a home on the 200 block of Rever Road.  A walk around the building discovered fire venting form a rear window, soon followed by fire breaking out of a second window. 

Fire crews began by applying water through windows to knock down the flames, followed quickly by entering the homes and attacking the seat of the fire.  A search of the interior confirmed all occupants had evacuated.

The fire investigation has been completed and determined the fire started in a wall above a wood stove.  Damage caused by the fire is estimated at $275,000.00.