Saskatoon Land (the applicant) has applied to amend the Kensington Neighbourhood Concept Plan (Concept Plan) and rezone parcels adjacent to Antonini Court, as shown below. The proposed amendments are also highlighted on the Amendment Area tab.
The proposed amendments to the Concept Plan include:
- Removing the rear lane within Antonini Court;
- Reorienting lots currently fronting on Kensington Lane North to front onto Antonini Court;
- Extending Antonini Court towards the northwest; a portion of the road would then occupy lands currently designated Storm Water Parcel land use;
- Re-designating lands from the Multi Unit (Stacked Group Townhouse) and Multi Unit Medium Density (Apartment Style) land uses to the Multi Unit (Group Townhouse) land use; and
- Designating portions of the current road Multi Unit (Group Townhouse) land use.
The subject parcels are currently undeveloped and zoned R1A – One-Unit Residential District, RMTN1 – Medium Density Townhouse Residential District 1 and RM3 – Medium Density Multiple-Unit Dwelling District. The applicant is proposing rezoning the entire area to RMTN - Townhouse Residential District, except for a small portion of the street which would be rezoned from RM3 to RMTN1 to align with conventional zoning boundaries.
The purpose of the RMTN District is to provide for comprehensively planned low to medium density multiple-unit dwellings in the form of townhouses, dwelling groups, and other building forms, as well as related community uses.