Trucking permits are governed by Traffic Bylaw No. 7200, which outlines regulations and required routes for long haul and pick-up/delivery trucks within city limits.
You may also want to refer to:
Schedule No. 7 – Gross Weight Chart
Schedule No. 8 – Pick Up and Delivery Vehicle Route Map
Schedule No. 8a – Long Haul Vehicle Route Map
Truck Route Structure_Clearances
Council Policy C07-019 Traffic Bylaw Special Permits
Saskatoon Truck Route Map
A Saskatoon Truck Route Map, detailing truck routes, structure clearances and other trucking program information is available at the City Hall Information Desk, or by calling 306-975-2454.
The fees cover the costs associated with reviewing truck permit applications, which currently comes from the mill rate. The fee is not a guarantee of approval, but purely an application processing fee. The fees are as follows:
- Blanket annual vehicle permits = $50
- Daily vehicle permits = $30
As per Traffic Bylaw No. 7200, trucks that are over 2.6 metres wide or 4.15 metres tall require an Excess Dimension Permit from the City of Saskatoon to travel within city limits. Non-divisible loads in excess of those outlined in Schedule No. 7 require an Excess Load Permit to travel within city limits.
- An Excess Load Permit is required when a vehicle intends on traveling on city streets while weighing in excess of the maximum vehicle weights prescribed in Schedule No. 7. Excess Load Permits will not be issued for divisible loads. Refer to Section 4 of the Traffic Bylaw Special Permits Policy.
- An Excess Dimension Permit is required when a vehicle intends on traveling on city streets while exceeding the maximum vehicle dimensions prescribed in the Bylaw. Refer to Section 5 of the Traffic Bylaw Special Permits Policy.
- For unlicensed construction or farm equipment, refer to Section 3.5 of the Traffic Bylaw Special Permits Policy.