Bus Rapid Transit - Working Together
As the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) moves forward we are committed to working with the community whenever possible, so that we can create a transit system that works for everyone.
You can find out more about the BRT Public Art project on its webpage.
Nutana Stakeholder Committee
The Nutana Stakeholder Committee was established early 2020 and has met both in person and virtually since.
The mandate of the Bus Rapid Transit Stakeholder Committee is:
To facilitate a successful implementation of Bus Rapid Transit in Saskatoon.
To be a point of communication to the community that they represent from the BRT project team.
To provide advice, input and recommendations to the BRT project team on:
construction staging/phasing in their relevant geographic location;
timing of changes to transit service in advance of the BRT;
marketing and communication to the community that they represent;
approaches and opportunities for engagement with the community; and
other issues identified by the BRT project team.
- Paola Chiste – Resident Representative, Nutana Business Community
- Verna Gallen – Resident Representative, Transit Rider
- Jordan Lennon – École Victoria School Representative
- Nishtha Mehta – University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union Representative
- DeeAnn Mercier – Broadway BID Representative
- Jasmin Parker – Nutana Community Association Representative
- Ryan Walker – Saskatoon Heritage Society Representative
- Rick Fehr – Resident Representative
- Dan Surkan - Resident Representative, Nutana Resident
- Alex Fournier – Resident Representative, Works in Nutana
- Shannon Peters – Nutana Collegiate High School Representative
- Mike Slattery – Resident Representative
- Ted View – Oskayak High School Representative
- Ehsan Moradi –Graduate Student Association Representative
- Councillor Cynthia Block
- Vacant - Citizen Representative, Nutana Business Community*
*If you are interested in serving in this capacity please visit this page for more information and an application form.
Summary of Meeting Minutes:
The City of Saskatoon has built a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Pilot Station, located at the Civic Operations Centre at 57 Valley Road. The pilot station provides a valuable opportunity to test out the station’s format and features before building and implementing this new style of transit stops throughout the BRT system. Feedback gathered will be considered in the next phase of design for the BRT stations.
You can visit the pilot station at the Civic Operations Centre (57 Valley Road).