Become a Lifeguard
Now Hiring! Join the team and enjoy the benefits of working as a City of Saskatoon lifeguard!
Lifeguard Preparation Course
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Date: Tuesday, August 17th
Location: Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre
Requirements: National Lifeguard Award, Water Safety Instructor Certification, First & CPR C
A free information and skills session will be held to assist qualified individuals prepare for lifeguard recruitment.
Led by an Aquatic Technician, this preparation course will review the specific recruitment requirements, an overview of the position and its responsibilities. This session also provides an opportunity for participants to practice for recruitment skill, including but not limited to:
- Endurance Swim and Brick recovery
- Practice Tows and Carries
- Stroke demonstrations and opportunity for feedback
Participants are required to have bathing suit and towel. Mask usage is recommended.
To register, please email HBC@Saskatoon.ca by Sunday, August 15.
Resumes for positions are being accepted online, please apply at saskatoon.ca/careers or bring your resume and copies of certifications to this course.
- A great start into the workforce with competitive pay and a flexible work schedule.
- A free LeisureCard just for you! A LeisureCard provides access to 12 City of Saskatoon leisure facilities including admission to public open times, drop-in fitness and aqua fitness classes.
- A chance to spend the summer months working outdoors.
- A unique variety of work-sites including four indoor aquatic Leisure Centres and four outdoor pools.
- A chance to meet new people and be a part of a team.
- Free re-certification for all employees.
Life as a guard is about variety! One day you might find yourself enjoying the summer sun while watching kids play happily at an outdoor pool. The next day you might be working at an indoor pool as seniors enjoy an aqua fitness class. You might just as easily be instructing a group of preschoolers, who look up at you as the coolest person they know, as they try to get comfortable putting their faces in the water for the very first time.
For lifeguards, the potential is endless, but a workday will typically include:
- Instructing swimming lessons
- Educating people about water safety
- Supervising pool activities and responding to emergencies
- Preparing lesson plans
- Maintaining your training and fitness