Christmas Tree Recycling
Every year, temporary drop-off sites are set-up to collect natural trees from December 26 to January 31. Natural Christmas trees should be dropped off unwrapped and unbound.
Trees dropped off at these locations are chipped, and either taken to City compost depot or used as mulch.
Artificial trees are not accepted for recycling and should be sold or donated, or taken to the Landfill.
For your convenience, simply use the magnifying glass to enter your address and find out which location is closest to you.
The 2017-2018 natural Christmas tree drop-off locations are:
- Lawson Heights Recycling Depot – Primrose Drive by the Lawson Civic Centre
- University Heights Recycling Depot – Lowe Road
- Wildwood Golf Course parking lot
- George Ward Pool parking lot (5th St & Grosvenor Avenue)
- Doukhobor Society parking lot 525 Avenue I South (at 17th Street)
- Meadowgreen Recycling Depot – corner of 22nd Street West and Witney Avenue
Use of the drop-off locations reduces overall costs and greenhouse gas emissions associated with fuel use, and diverts the trees from our landfill.