Christmas Tree Composting
Every year, temporary drop-off sites are set-up to collect natural trees from December 26 to January 31. Natural Christmas trees should be dropped off unwrapped and unbound.
Trees dropped off at these locations are chipped, and either taken to City compost depot or used as mulch.
Artificial trees are not accepted for recycling and should be sold or donated, or taken to the Landfill.
The 2015-2016 natural Christmas tree drop-off locations are:
- Primrose Dr Recycling Depot (next to Lawson Civic Centre)
- Lowe Rd Recycling Depot (entrance via Ludlow St)
- Wildwood Golf Course parking lot
- George Ward Pool parking lot (5th St & Grosvenor Ave)
- Doukhobor Cultural Society of Saskatchewan parking lot (17th St & Ave I)
- Meadowgreen Recycling Depot (Witney Ave & 22nd St)
Use of the drop-off locations reduces overall costs and greenhouse gas emissions associated with fuel use, and diverts the trees from our landfill.