The Zoning Bylaw is a regulatory document that facilitates implementation of the City of Saskatoon's Official Community Plan. All land in the City of Saskatoon is assigned a zoning district and subject to development standards associated with the zoning district. Parking, permitted uses, and setbacks are included in these regulations. The Zoning Bylaw Review project will undertake a review of the Zoning Bylaw to ensure that it meets the current and desired trends in commercial, residential and community development. It will also ensure that the Zoning Bylaw aligns with the City's sustainability goals and that it follows best practices.
Amendment Package Six Bylaw No. 9899 regarding accessible parking standards comes into force on January 1, 2024.
Amendment Package Seven was presented to the Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) on August 29, 2023, and will be considered by City Council at their public hearing on September 27, 2023. This package includes the following amendments:
- Amendments to the Zoning Map for clarity and consistency
- Amendments to the regulations for the time limit to process rezoning applications for removal of the Holding Symbol "H"
- Amendments to allow for residential waste bin enclosures located in the front yard
- Housekeeping amendments required for Garden and Garage Suites and to the B4MX - Integrated Commercial Mixed-Use District
- Amendments to address challenges expressed by the development community concerning the on-site waste space requirements for residential sites
Contact the City
You are welcome to provide your comments and questions by email, telephone or mail using the contact information below: