City Council defeated The COVID-19 Gathering Bylaw, 2021 No.9782 on second reading at its meeting Friday, October 29, 2021. The bylaw was brought forward at the request of Council as an additional health and safety measure to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and attempt to diminish the strain that hospitals, medical staff and ICUs currently face.
- Red: 16% reduction in gathering size but no decrease in proportion of people mixing in the community.
- Olive: 43% reduction in gathering sizes but no decrease in proportion of people mixing in the community.
- Green: modest reduction in people mixing in community.
- Blue: greater reduction in people mixing in community (half of pre-pandemic mixing).
- Magenta: greater reduction in people mixing in community (half of pre-pandemic mixing).
Public Health Order Reminders
As a reminder, the current Provincial Public Health Orders in place impacting City facilities are as follows:
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or negative test within 72 hours are mandatory for ages 12 and over within all Leisure Centre areas and indoor arenas as per a Public Health Order and subsequent Council direction.
- A Public Health Order requires masks to be worn in all indoor public spaces including all City facilities.
COVID-19 information can be found on the City’s website saskatoon.ca/covid-19
, along with direct links to further factual and timely COVID-19 information on the Government of Saskatchewan and Government of Canada websites.