Flag Raising and Proclamations
The City of Saskatoon receives a number of flag raising and proclamation requests each year. City Council adopted policy 01-028, The Flag and Proclamations Policy on October 28, 2019 in order to establish a framework and consistent standards against which both flag raising and proclamation requests can be considered.
- All flag raising and proclamation requests are to be submitted at least 30 business days prior to the date for which the flag raising or proclamation is requested.
- Requests are reviewed by the City Clerk for eligibility in accordance with Policy No. 01-028, The Flag and Proclamations Policy.
- The City Clerk shall notify applicants of the City of Saskatoon’s decision regarding any request received.
- The City Clerk will not consider any Request Forms that are not completely filled out.
- Requests for a flag raising for which an event is also requested must be made separately and shall be submitted and approved in accordance with Policy No. A09-026, Use of City Hall Lobby and Civic Square.