Cynthia Block is a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan, and has a background in media and communications. She has had a life-long interest in public policy, and a strong preference to use evidence and data to drive decision-making. On Council, her priority issues include basic services, sustainability, indigenous reconciliation and downtown revitalization.
Cynthia would like City Council to focus on a longer time horizon in decision-making. Through partnerships with other levels of government, business, industry, community groups, residents and organizations in the surrounding geographical area, we have an opportunity to build a more modern, progressive and sustainable 21st century City.
Cynthia and her husband have made their home in Ward 6 for the past 25 years. They have two young adults attending the University of Saskatchewan, and they can often be seen on the spectacular Meewasin trail with their shepherd-cross, Belle.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committees: Finance and Planning, Development & Community Services
- Boards: Downtown Saskatoon Business Improvement District, Remai Modern Art Gallery of Saskatchewan Board of Trustees
- Committees: Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee, Internal Auditor Hiring Subcommittee, Albert Community Centre
Cynthia is leading Council's strategic priority area of Downtown Development to create the conditions to bring more people, jobs, stores, restaurants and amenities into the downtown. The sign of a thriving City is a vibrant downtown. City Council will work to ensure the heart of the City remains strong and attractive into the future.
Other Board & Committee Experience:
- Board Work: YMCA, YWCA, Saskatchewan Brain Injury Association
- Committee Work: Marr Residence, Inter-Provincial Association on Native Employment, Youth Soccer
- Civic Events: Lieutenant Governor's Centennial Arts Celebration, CIS University Cup (National Men's Hockey Championship), Riderville North 101st Grey Cup
Councillor Block reads all emails, and will respond to your message as soon as possible within 48 hours or two business days. For operational matters, please contact 24-hour customer service at: 306-975-2476.