Cynthia Block is a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan and has a background in media and communications. She has had a life-long interest in public policy and a strong preference to use evidence and data to drive decision-making.
Cynthia is committed to improving basic infrastructure in Ward 6 neighbourhoods. She is also Council's strategic lead for Downtown Development and committed to creating a Downtown Event and Entertainment District (DEED) that is a gathering place for everyone. "Through partnerships and a shared commitment to see Saskatoon become more sustainable, economically and environmentally, we have an opportunity to build a more modern, progressive 21st century City."
Cynthia has lived in Ward 6 for more than 25 years and can often be found walking, cycling or jogging on the spectacular Meewasin Trail.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committees: Finance (Chair); Planning, Development & Community Services
- Downtown Event and Entertainment District Advisory Group, Co-Chair
- Boards: Downtown Saskatoon Business Improvement District, Discover Saskatoon Board of Directors (formerly Tourism Saskatoon), Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA)
- Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee, Internal Auditor Hiring Subcommittee
Cynthia is leading Council's strategic priority area for Downtown Development to create conditions to bring more people, jobs, stores, restaurants and amenities into the downtown. The sign of a thriving city is a vibrant downtown, and Council is committed to ensuring the heart of our city is strong.
For operational matters, please contact 24-hour customer service at: 306-975-2476.