First elected in 2016, and re-elected in 2020, Hilary (she/her) is honoured to represent the eight diverse neighbourhoods that make up Ward 2. Born and raised in Saskatoon, Hilary studied at the University of Saskatchewan and later the University of Manitoba. She and her partner, Arlin call Caswell Hill home.
Hilary is passionate about health and equity and strives to support collective action for healthy community development. Prior to her election to City Council, Hilary was the Operations Manager at a not-for-profit agency promoting action on the social and economic roots of health inequities. Hilary is a dedicated volunteer, most recently engaging in the development and work of the Saskatoon Interagency Response to COVID-19.
Hilary is leading Council’s strategic priority area of Community Wellbeing and Safety with a focus on affordable housing and rental property issues, poverty alleviation, and crime prevention. She also maintains an attentive focus on progress towards a safe and convenient mix of transportation options as well as sustainable and balanced residential development.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities & Corporate Services, Vice-Chair
- Standing Policy Committee on Transportation
- Saskatoon Public Library Board
- 33rd Street Business Improvement District Board of Directors
- South Saskatchewan River Watershed Stewards Inc.
- Tourism Saskatoon Board of Directors
- Wanuskewin Heritage Park Board of Directors