Elected in 2016, Hilary is honoured to represent the eight diverse neighbourhoods that make up Ward 2. Born and raised in Saskatoon, Hilary studied at the University of Saskatchewan and later the University of Manitoba. She and her partner, Arlin, call Caswell Hill home.
Hilary is passionate about health and equity and strives to support collective action for healthy community development. Prior to her election to City Council, Hilary was the Operations Manager at a not-for-profit agency promoting action on the social and economic roots of health inequities. Hilary is a dedicated volunteer, most recently engaging in mentorship for young women and girls through programs at organizations such as the Princess Shop and Girls Rock Camp Saskatoon. Hilary is also a proud grad of the Next Up program – a youth leadership program that promotes environmental and social justice.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development and Community Services; Member
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities and Corporate Services; Vice-Chair
- Saskatoon Public Library Board; Member
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisory Committee; Member
Hilary is leading Council’s strategic priority area of Community Safety and Wellness with a focus on affordable housing and rental property issues, poverty alleviation, crime and gang issues. She also maintains an attentive focus on progress towards a safe and convenient mix of transportation options as well as sustainable and balanced residential development.
Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) Standing Committees
- Community Safety & Crime Prevention; Member
- Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Government; Member
- Social-Economic Development; Member
- Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Board; Member
- 33rd Street Business Improvement District Board; Member
- Wanuskewin Heritage Park Board; Member