Living in Saskatoon, Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis, Sarina is proud to call Ward 8 home for nearly three decades. Ward 8 is made up of the following neighbourhoods: Briarwood, Brighton, College Park, East College Park, Greystone Heights, Hillcrest Management Area, Wildwood and Holmwood Development Area. Raised by her immigrant parents and grandparents in Greystone Heights, Sarina feels a multi-generational connection to the Ward’s diverse and vibrant community.
Sarina is an avid cyclist, supports local businesses and gives back to the community by volunteering at many events for a variety of causes. She is a proud University of Saskatchewan graduate and has a far-reaching understanding of different cultures and approaches to problem-solving, gained through extensive world travel. Prior to being elected, Sarina worked as a GIS Analyst (i.e. making maps) for the Meewasin Valley Authority.
Sarina brings her enthusiasm and innovative fresh ideas as to how Ward 8 and Saskatoon can continue to build upon being an inclusive, safe and sustainable City for people of all generations, backgrounds and abilities.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities & Corporate Services, Chair
- Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development & Community Services
- Saskatoon Environmental Advisory Committee
Sarina is co-leading Council’s strategic priority area of Environmental Sustainability with Councillor Mairin Loewen to transform our position as one of the highest emitters of greenhouse gas emissions in the world to a model city of innovation in energy conservation, renewables, and waste diversion. The City of Saskatoon is experiencing a continuing decline in environmental quality related to waste, ecological footprint and air quality. City Council will be working to reverse this trend.
Outside Boards & Committees:
- Canadian Urban Transit Association, Chair
- International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives
- Leadership in Brownfield Renewal Program Member
- Meewasin Valley Authority (City Representative)
- Partners FOR the Saskatchewan River Basin Board of Directors
- Saskatoon Ideas Inc. Board of Directors
Past Boards & Committees:
- Centennial Auditorium & Convention Centre (TCU Place) Board of Directors
- Marr Residence Board of Directors
- North Central Transportation Planning Committee
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority
- Traffic Safety Committee