Living in Saskatoon, Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis, Sarina (she/her) is proud to call Ward 8 home. Raised by her immigrant parents and grandparents in the Ward, Sarina feels a multi-generational connection to the Ward’s diverse and vibrant community. Sarina has had the honour of representing Ward 8 neighbours on City Council since 2016. Ward 8 is made up of the following neighbourhoods: Briarwood, Brighton, College Park, East College Park, Greystone Heights, Hillcrest Management Area, Wildwood and Holmwood Development Area.
Sarina can be seen volunteering at a number of events and for a variety of causes, enjoys cycling and supporting local businesses. She is a University of Saskatchewan graduate and has a background in environmental studies and Geographic Information Systems.
Since elected, Sarina has been working to implement actions brought forward by Ward 8 neighbours. These include improving neighbourhood safety, creating viable and safe options to move around our city and strengthening our economy and environment. It has been a priority for Sarina to create spaces to engage with neighbours. Together we can continue to strengthen and build community for all generations.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Governance and Priorities Committee
- Remai Modern Art Gallery of SK and Saskatoon Gallery and Conservatory Corporation Board of Trustees
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities & Corporate Services
- Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development & Community Services
- Saskatoon Environmental Advisory Committee
Sarina is co-leading Council’s strategic priority area of Environmental Sustainability with Councillor Mairin Loewen to transform our position as one of the highest emitters of greenhouse gas emissions in the world to a model city of innovation in energy conservation, renewables, and waste diversion. The City of Saskatoon is experiencing a continuing decline in environmental quality related to waste, ecological footprint and air quality. City Council will be working to reverse this trend.
Outside Boards & Committees:
- Canadian Urban Transit Association, Chair of Transit Board Members Committee
- International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives
- Leadership in Brownfield Renewal Program Member
- Meewasin Valley Authority (City Representative)
- Partners FOR the Saskatchewan River Basin Board of Directors
Past Boards & Committees:
- Centennial Auditorium & Convention Centre (TCU Place) Board of Directors
- Marr Residence Board of Directors
- North Central Transportation Planning Committee
- Saskatoon Ideas Inc. Board of Directors
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority
- Traffic Safety Committee