September Engagement Workshops
Come join us at one of our workshops to review and provide feedback on options for a mandatory recycling and organics program for Saskatoon businesses and organizations. The options have been informed by a combination of feedback from the July 23 workshop, background research, City Solicitors advice, and review of budget implications.
- Monday, September 16: 4pm - 8pm @ Alice Turner Library Auditorium
- Thursday, September 19: 7am - 1pm @ Circle Drive Alliance Church, Entrance A, Room 28
Options up for review and feedback:
- Option 1: Three Separate Bins + Site Visit Verification
- Option 2: Three Separate Bins + Submission of Proof
- Option 3: Submission of Waste Diversion Plan
Sign up for e-mails to be notified about upcoming engagement opportunities and project milestones.
Hey Businesses and Organizations! Let's talk trash.
The City of Saskatoon is engaging with businesses and organizations in the community to look at ways to divert and reduce waste.
We Want to Talk About
- How you, private waste haulers, and the City can work together to divert recycling and organics
- What types of waste you are diverting now, how it’s working, and if there are challenges
- What materials will be part of the diversion requirements and how they are phased in
- What you need in order to be able to separate and divert recyclables and organics
- What proof of diversion the City might require
- Innovative ways to reduce waste or reuse materials locally
Engagement will inform the development of a waste diversion strategy for businesses and organizations. It will last approximately 6 months and will include the following phases:
|Engagement with associations, large institutions, haulers, and processors.|
|Workshops with generators (businesses and organizations), followed by integrated engagement with generators, associations, and haulers and processors.|
|Opportunity to review and provide feedback on a draft strategy.|
|A recommended strategy to Committee and City Council.|
|Ongoing engagement to inform implementation, including developing a stakeholder working group.|