The City’s Urban Forestry Division is responsible for planting and maintaining all trees located on public property. This includes trees on boulevards and medians, in parks and at civic facilities.
In 2023 and 2024, the City is receiving funding through the Government of Canada’s Natural Infrastructure Fund to plant additional trees in neighbourhood parks and boulevards throughout Saskatoon.
Request a Boulevard Tree
Homeowners and businesses can request the City plant a tree free of charge in the boulevard(s) located in front of or next to their property. To view a list of available tree species or to submit a boulevard tree planting request online, visit Request a Tree or contact Urban Forestry Customer Service.
What is a Boulevard?
A boulevard is public land adjacent to private property that houses underground utilities and other infrastructure.
Tree Planting Guidelines
Tree planting applications will be reviewed based on the following guidelines:
- Proximity to existing trees
- Boulevard width (the City boulevard must be a minimum of 3 metres)
- Infrastructure conflicts (e.g., driveways, fire hydrants, street lights, overhead high voltage lines, underground water lines)
- Proximity to intersections
- Proximity to traffic signs