Our Green Network – November 21, 2019
- Your help informed and established the vision, actions, initiatives and mapping for Saskatoon’s green network. Join us to explore and discuss the engagement outcomes of Phase 2, as we move into the final phase of the Strategy.
- 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Meewasin Main Office 402
3rd Avenue South, Saskatoon
- Presentation Times: 4:00pm and 5:30pm
- Refreshments and coffee to be provided.
To take advantage of Saskatoon’s beautiful scenery—go on a scavenger hunt with the family or friends! Explore the natural beauty and soak in the sun throughout our entire green network. You Will Need:
- printable summer scavenger hunt (PDF)
- marker, pencil, crayons or dry-erase marker
- clipboard (optional)
What does #yxeGreenStrategy mean to you?
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your thoughts/ideas about the Green Strategy and the Guiding Principles.
- Results will be used to inform applicable Green Strategy, Natural Area Standards and Urban Forest Management Plan decisions.
Stay tuned for details regarding 2019 engagement opportunities for the Green Strategy, Natural Area Standards and Urban Forest Management Plan.
Emerging Priorities Survey – August 6, 2019
- In August, the City invited the community to provide input on 15 identified Emerging Priorities to determine which ones residents prefer to see included in Desired State Vision for Saskatoon’s Green Network.
Indigenous Technical Advisory Group Meeting – July 2019
- The City is committed to building respectful relationships with Indigenous peoples and engaging in meaningful dialogue on decisions that may impact them. In support of this commitment, First Nations and Métis people with specialized knowledge, were engaged with regarding the Green Strategy.
Green Strategy Pop-Up Events – June 2019
- The City set up three pop-up events in June to seek public feedback on the identified 15 emerging priorities for Saskatoon’s Green Network.
Station 20 West Main Entrance
Shaw Centre Lobby
Lakewood Civic Centre Lobby
Growing a NatureCity – May 23, 2019
- The City invited the public to join them at Kiwanis Memorial Park to have their say in how to weave natural beauty into the community.
- Residents were able to provide feedback on the proposed Vision and Emerging Priorities for the Green Strategy.
- Information was given on Saskatoon’s Urban Forest Management Plan project.
Action Identification Survey – April 15, 2019
- In April 2019, the City invited the community to participate in an online surveys to help identify and prioritize options or "actions" to address known vulnerabilities in the Green Network. These vulnerabilities were discussed in the Baseline Inventory Report as “Key Findings”. Actions could include include:
- New City lead initiatives;
- Policy updates; and
- Application of resources to outside agencies.
Shaping a Natural Community – February 6, 2019
- Students from the University of Saskatchewan will gather for a Green Strategy Workshop focused on sharing ideas and feedback to identify/select preferred actions in addressing vulnerabilities in Saskatoon’s green network. Registration for this workshop is closed.
- Results will be used to inform identification of options to address Green Strategy key findings.
Pop Up Events (February 2018 – November 2018)
Several Pop Up Events occurred in 2018 to seek feedback to inform decisions related to Green Strategy and Natural Area Standards. Pop Up Event details are provided in the December 2018 Update Report Attachment 7. Pop Up Event results will be shared in the “What We Heard in 2018” report which is currently under development.
Green Infrastructure Strategy Information Gathering Workshop – December 13, 2017
- Feedback from this workshop was used to inform the Green Infrastructure Strategy Baseline Inventory Report.
Green Strategy Workshop 2: Natural Area Standards and Urban Forest Management Plan – October 29, 2018
- Workshop details are provided in the December 2018 Update Report – Attachment 7 and results will be shared in the “What We Heard in 2018” report which is currently under development.
- Upload your photos and show us what you love about Saskatoon's natural areas this winter.
- Results will be used to inform applicable decisions for the Natural Area Standards, Urban Forest Management Plan and Green Strategy.